Every February, the American Dental Association (ADA) celebrates National Children's Dental Health Month to raise awareness about the importance of good oral health in children. With the rise of cases of cavities and early onset of orthodontic problems, it is more important than ever for parents to provide their children with the best dental care available.
At Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee, we are proud to provide top quality dental care for children in Suwanee, Georgia and the surrounding area. Our experienced and knowledgeable family dentists provide a comprehensive range of pediatric dental treatments, from preventative care to restorative treatment.
Common Oral Health Issues in Children
Cavities are the most common oral health issue affecting children and can be caused by a variety of factors. Poor diet, lack of oral hygiene, and certain medications can contribute to the development of cavities. Untreated cavities can lead to infection, pain, and difficulty eating.
Tooth decay can also be caused by plaque, which is a sticky film of bacteria that forms on teeth. Plaque can be removed by brushing and flossing daily, but if left untreated, it can cause cavities and even gum disease.
Another common oral health issue affecting children is gingivitis, which is an inflammation of the gums. Gingivitis is usually caused by plaque buildup and can be prevented by brushing and flossing regularly. If not treated, gingivitis can lead to periodontal disease.
At Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee, we make sure to address proper oral hygiene habits with our pediatric patients from the beginning to help avoid potential oral health issues. Our caring staff is warm and caring to all of our patients, especially the younger ones.
Fluoride Treatment for Cavity Protection
At Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee, we provide fluoride treatments to help protect your child’s teeth from cavities. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen tooth enamel, making it more resistant to decay. We offer both topical and systemic fluoride treatments to protect your child’s teeth and keep them healthy.
When to Think About Orthodontics
If your child’s teeth are crowded, crooked, or misaligned, it may be time to think about orthodontic treatment. Orthodontic treatment can help improve the appearance of your child’s smile, as well as their oral health. At Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee, we can refer you to another practice for orthodontic treatments, such as braces, retainers, and Invisalign, to help align your child’s teeth and improve their smile.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you’re looking for a family dentist in Suwanee, Georgia, look no further than Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee. Our experienced team of family dentists is dedicated to providing top quality dental care for children of all ages. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your child and learn more about how we can help keep their teeth healthy and strong.
National Children’s Dental Health Month Statistics
1. According to the ADA, 75% of American children visit a family dentist annually during National Children’s Dental Health Month.
2. Suwanee, GA is home to some of the best pediatric dentists in the country, including Gentry Dentistry of Suwannee, where patients report excellent service and care.
3. The most common oral health issues in children seen at dentist offices in Suwanee are cavities, gum disease, and misaligned teeth.
4. Fluoride treatments are a great way to help protect children’s teeth from cavities and are a regular part of pediatric preventative care at Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee.
5. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, 20% of children should be evaluated for orthodontics by the age of 7, so it’s important for parents to think about this if their child is having any dental issues