We love getting to know our patients and community members! So, we thought, why not share a little bit about us. Here are some fun facts that we’d love to tell you more about during your next preventative care visit.
- Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee is the team dentist for the Falcons! We have been partnering with Atlanta’s NFL team since the 1990s. The relationship began when our practice was the first board-certified one in the area and the Falcons’ training complex was just down the street. The match was a hit from the start and the rest, as they say, is history. What exactly does that mean? One of our dentists must attend all home games. We also provide off-season dental care to the team members as needed. The good news is that mouth guards really help! GOOOOOO Falcons!
- We are a family affair. Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee is owned and operated by a father-daughter duo. The practice began in 1987 two years after the first traffic light was installed within city limits. Dr. Darby Gentry Tompkins grew up around the office and that began her dream of becoming a dentist and working with her dad one day. Thirty-five years later, that dream is a reality. She feels incredibly fortunate to serve patients in the community where she grew up and helping them achieve smiles that they love.
- Dr. Darby Gentry Tompkins loves the outdoors! In her spare time, you can find her kayaking, hiking, camping, rock climbing or off on a dental mission trip to Central and South America. She also loves to golf and is even an assistant golf coach at Buford High School. GOOOOO Wolves!
- The dentist who started it all at Gentry Dentistry of Suwanee, Dr. Harry Gentry decided to be a dentist when he was in 8th grade. It was a research paper that put him on this path. Dentistry has allowed him to work with people and develop relationships while completing tangible tasks with his hands – a perfect combination for him. He is honored to serve the people who make Suwanee such a special place to work and live.
- We care about our community! That’s why it’s important to us to give back in a meaningful way. Locally, we support Annandale Village, a non-profit residential community that serves adults with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries. We also donate to two national organizations – Brighter Smiles for Brighter Futures and Susan G. Komen – that work to find cures for cancer and support patients in need. You can actually support these organizations as well by taking advantage of our discounted teeth whitening service where all proceeds go to Annandale Village or Brighter Smiles for Brighter Futures!
Thanks for learning a little more about us. We can’t wait to hear what’s happening in your life during your next dental health visit. Whether you are looking for preventative care, cosmetic dentistry or restorative care, our caring and expert team is here to help. Call us at 770-945-5850 to schedule an appointment.